INTER HOUSE & INTER SCHOOL CHEERLEADERS POLICY
- Inter House Cheerleaders
Cheerleaders are chosen from Grade 7 boys and girls.
The grade 7 boys and girls who wish to audition for inter house cheerleaders are given the opportunity in front of their specific house teams.
The educators assigned to the different house teams will then divide the grade 7 boys and girls into smaller groups and let them perform a couple of athletics songs before choosing the cheerleaders for that team.
Educators will look at the following criteria to help make their decision:
- – Popularity
- – Does he/she know the songs and movements?
- – Reliability
- – Energy (Does he/she perform the song well)
- – Ability to enforce discipline – do learners respond well to his/her instruction?
- – The number of cheerleaders depends on the educators and the amount of grade 7’s who auditioned.
- – Preferably no more than 5 boys and 5 girls
- – Inter house cheerleaders may take part in athletics during the inter house
- Inter School Cheerleaders
The Inter Schools cheerleaders are selected from the inter house cheerleaders.
The inter house cheerleaders are given the opportunity to perform in front of the whole school. All the girls will perform together, if there are too many they may be divided into smaller groups. The same applies to the boys.
The inter schools cheerleading organiser and his/her committee members will use the following criteria to choose the inter school cheerleaders:
- – How well does he/she perform the songs (energy)
- – Does he/she know all the words and movements?
- – Do the learners respond well to his/her instructions?
- – Reliability
- – Personality
Inter Schools cheerleaders may not be a part of the athletes taking part in the Inter Schools athletics.
The number of cheerleaders depends on the organiser.